Messages for U.S. Citizens:
- Updated Message on Air Pollution in Singapore, June 21, 2013 (PDF 48.9 KB)
- Air Pollution in Singapore, June 18, 2013 (PDF 54.6 KB)
- Affordable Care Act
U.S. citizens living abroad are generally subject to the same individual shared responsibility provision as U.S. citizens living in the United States. Starting in 2014, the individual shared responsibility provision calls for each individual to have minimum essential coverage (MEC) for each month, qualify for an exemption, or make a payment when filing his or her federal income tax return. However, U.S. citizens or residents living abroad for at least 330 days within a 12 month period are treated as having MEC during those 12 months and thus will not owe a shared responsibility payment for any of those 12 months. Also, U.S. citizens who qualify as a bona fide resident of a foreign country for an entire taxable year are treated as having MEC for that year. Read more at Affordable Care Act.
- New Passport Pick Up Hours
To better serve our customers, as of May 2, 2013 we have expanded the hours for passport pick-up! The new hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
8:30am – 12:00pm and 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Be sure to check the Embassy website for Consular closure dates.
Please do NOT take a Q-number for passport pick-up.
- United States and Singapore become Hague Abduction Convention Partners, May 1, 2012.
- Scheduled appointments will be automatically cancelled for applicants who arrive more than fifteen minutes after their scheduled time. Applicants who arrive late will be required to make a new appointment via our website. Please plan accordingly, and arrive at the Embassy at least fifteen minutes before your appointment time to go through security and enter the waiting room.
Applicants for consular services are advised that the Embassy does not accept U.S. currency as payment for consular services. The Embassy will only accept payment in Singapore currency or by credit card (Master Card, Visa Card, or American Express). Please note that credit card charges will be made in US$ and foreign exchange charges may apply.